We headed west this morning (from the Valley of the Rogue, OR) into Coos Bay to travel the coast, north to Newport, OR where we then proceeded east to Silver Falls National Park.
We read that the coast of Oregon was one of the most beautiful and scenic parts of the state and now I know why. I would highly recommend driving those parts at some point in your life.
I'd like to share a few things I've learned about Oregon so far:
1. It's just as everyone describes it – absolutely gorgeous in every way and often covered in a blanket of fog
2. If you're driving around, you'll begin to notice that you're following a river and/or passing numerous lakes
3. Which brings me to say, that there are loads of cool bridges
4. Pine trees are EVERYWHERE – even lining the seashore and sprouting out of the sand dunes
5. There's even wild Chritmas trees lining the mountains – I want to get out my box of ornaments and decorate them each one
And my favorite thing of all...
6. Drive-thru coffee stations take the place of Starbucks – I swear there's at least one on every block (Ex. Dutch Brothers Coffee; which is open 24 hrs a day)