KALE – aka the most hipster food out there, but hey, at least it's mega healthy. I'm in!
But you know what's even better than kale...DINO kale. Otherwise known as dinosaur kale or lacinato kale. A year ago I was introduced to this variety from my weekly farm box. Ripping a piece off and sticking it in my mouth, I found out quickly this was no ordinary salad green – it was destined for greater things.
The top-trending recipe on google sparked my interest right away, and after one shot I was hooked. (Four words: chili flakes and parmesan cheese.) It's about time I shared. You're welcome.
- 1 bunch lacinato/dinosaur kale, de-stemmed and thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of fine sea salt
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
This kale is quite persnickety. It needs to be de-stemmed and sliced in a particular way. Jacquelyn over at MarinMamaCooks.com has some great tips, pictures, and even a video to show you how it's done. Go check it out!
A big shout out to Marin Mama – "This recipe is bomb!"