Introducing the Cabled Slouchy Beanie by me – originally by Stephanie at AllAboutAmi.com.
I decided to make this pattern, one, because it's so freaking cute and I've been desperate for a new beanie and, two, because I felt like it was high time for a challenge in my crocheting career.
I was fair-warned ahead of time that this was not a pattern for beginners, and it truly was not, but I took the plunge any way. The majority of the stitches were foreign to me, but thanks be to YouTube, I quickly learned how to do them. I believe I did made a tiny mistake through the whole of the pattern, but luckily it isn't too noticeable – I won't spill the beans on that one because I don't want to look like too much of a dork.
My advice to any crocheters reading this post is GO FOR IT! This may not be a beginner's pattern but any beginner can learn how to do it, and that's the truth.
Keep scrolling for the pattern at the bottom of the post...
You will need:
- 5 mm crochet hook
- medium worsted weight yarn; 1-2 skeins
- yarn needle
- optional: Clover Pom Pom Maker
- Front Post Treble Crochet (Fptc): Yarn Over (YO) twice, insert hook from front to back around post of stitch indicated. YO and pull up a loop, [YO and draw through 2 loops on hook] 3 times.
- Back Post Double Crochet (Bpdc): YO, insert hook behind post of stitch (insert hook from back to front of stitch), YO, pull up a loop, YO, (pull through 2 loops) twice.
- Front Post Double Crochet (Fpdc): YO, insert hook behind post of stitch (insert hook from front to back of stitch), YO, pull up a loop, YO, (pull through 2 loops) twice.
Some Helpful Videos:
Click the link below to find the free pattern!